At Zion Lutheran Church we use the words “Connect, Grow, Serve” to capture the idea of movement in the journey toward a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ. We may not all start in the same place, or follow the exact same path but we seek to be a community of Christ followers who encourage one another to Connect to God and one another, Grow in faith and in knowledge of God’s word, and make an impact as we Serve the church and the world personally, locally, nationally, and globally.
Grow: Some people think the word “disciple” only refers to the original 12 men picked by Jesus but it comes from a Greek word translated first into Latin as disciples. It means “a learner.” The strongest catalyst for spiritual growth (discipleship) is to spend time reading and reflecting on Scripture (the Bible).
Opportunities to Grow
- Worship (Sunday Mornings at 8:00 and 10:45 AM) Hear the Word of God read as part of worship, quoted in the liturgy (order of service) and taught in the sermon. Even the songs we sing have Biblical content. Children are invited to worship with their parents. A nursery is available for little ones (or their parents) who need one
- Sunday Morning Adult Education, 9:30-10:30, Multiple classes offered with Potluck Previews in August and January,
- Tuesday Morning Women’s Bible Study, 8:30 -10:00 am, September – May
- Wednesday Morning Women’s Bible Study, 6:30 am, September – May (Every Other Week)
- Wednesday Morning Men’s Study, 6:00 am,
- Thursday Morning Bible Study for all, 8:30 weekly, September – May