We Proclaim Jesus: Today and Forever!
Core Values of Zion Lutheran Church
Core Values are a declaration of what we believe to be vital at Zion Lutheran Church; they help keep us on track and remind us when we get out of bounds. Every ministry, activity, or event strives to incorporate these values.
- God’s Grace: We believe, teach, and confess that salvation is by God’s grace alone, received through faith in Jesus Christ alone, as taught in Holy Scripture alone.
- Great Commission: We value the command of Jesus in Matthew 28:19 as the primary mission of the church.
- Worship: We value coming together as God’s family to receive and celebrate His grace through Word and Sacrament.
- Fellowship: We value connecting Christians to one another to foster relationships of love, care and support.
- Discipleship: We value equipping believers of all ages in their journey toward Christian maturity.
Matthew 28:19: “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.”
We desire to be a congregation that:
- Takes the “Great Commission” of Jesus seriously (Matthew 28:19), reaching every person, bringing them to an eternal relationship with Jesus;
- Celebrates God’s gift of grace as a worshiping community;
- Grows disciples of Jesus who are maturing through a comprehensive understanding of God’s Word and in the shaping of our lifestyle by the Word;
- Values children and walks alongside parents as they provide spiritual care and nurture through Christian education;
- Rejoices in being generous givers, understanding the privilege of using the time, abilities and financial blessings given by God for the building of His kingdom;
- Has every member participating in a small group, discovering in its fullest sense the value and importance of Christian fellowship;
- Has a heart for our hurting neighbors, both locally and globally, seeking to assist them with meeting their needs.