Zion is a congregation that values children and desires to walk alongside parents equipping them for the most important role God will ever give them. Our ministries to children and parents are designed to support the home in passing on the faith to the next generation.
- Baptism Ministry – for parents interested in having their child baptized
- Faith Stepping Stones – focuses on marker moments in a child’s spiritual development
- Family Activities – various activities throughout the year
- Praying While We Wait – prayers for expectant families
- Nursery – for children under 3 who need a break from church can wiggle and giggle here. Parents may use the childcare offered there to attend Sunday morning Bible study. You can also pop in to change a diaper or feed a nursing baby.
- Sunday School – runs throughout the school year for ages PK3- 6th Grade.
- Vacation Bible School – held the 3rd week in June
- Love and Logic Parent Ministry – classes offered regularly for parenting children of different ages
- Zion Lutheran School – Christian education for preschool through 8th Grade children focused on Growing minds. Building character. Connecting hearts in Christ.
For more information, contact: Kerri Schmid, 618-233-2299 or email@example.com.
Resources for Kids
Home Word: Helping Families Succeed
Focus on the Family
The Parent Cue
Center for Parent/Youth Understanding
Common Sense Media
Zion’s Children’s Ministry
New? Sign up & receive a free devotion booklet on your first visit!
Complete this form and bring the confirmation email (printed or show it on your phone) to the Welcome Desk on your first visit to Zion. We will have a free devotional booklet waiting for you!