At Zion Lutheran Church we use the words “Connect, Grow, Serve” to capture the idea of movement in the journey toward a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ. We may not all start in the same place, or follow the exact same path but we seek to be a community of Christ followers who encourage one another to Connect to God and one another, Grow in faith and in knowledge of God’s word, and make an impact as we Serve the church and the world personally, locally, nationally, and globally.
There are far more opportunities to serve than can be listed here. They are listed regularly via the Zion Lutheran Church and School Facebook Pages, emails, and in the Blue Pages of the worship folder. If you would like to serve and don’t know where to start or can’t find your niche, call 618-233-2299.
Zion’s food pantry helps hundreds of households every year stretch food budgets until the next payday. In addition we help as we are able with short-term housing and utilities.
- Angel Tree
- Operation Christmas Child
- Backpacks 4 Kids
- Food baskets
Linus Blanket Incorporated
Linus ladies meet weekly on Thursdays in the church basement to sew blankets that are given to children in hospitals and cancer care facilities.
Ministry Teams and Groups Zion
Volunteers working with minors must have a 6 month relationship with Zion Lutheran Church and complete a background check (paid for by the church).
- Adult Ed (Teaching, Helping, Leadership Team)
- Youth and Children’s Ministry Volunteers
- Emergency Response Tea
- Food 4 Kids
- L.W.M. L. (Lutheran Women’s Missionary League)
- Social Ministry Team
- Sunday School and VBS (Leaders, Teachers, Crafters, Helpers, Registration, Story-tellers, Musicians, etc.)
- Where Mom’s Connect
- Senior’s in Ministry
- Honduras Misson
- Grow fresh produce for Zion’s food pantry and to share with others.
- Adult Education: coffee makers, greeters, class hosts, teachers
- Altar guild
- Choirs, Praise Team, Musicians, Sound and Video Technicians
- Communion Assistants
- Emergency Response Team
- Nursery Volunteers (Child safety policy applies)
- Sunday School: coffee makers, greeters, helpers, teachers, set up and more!
- Worship: greeters, ushers, communion assistants
- Buildings and grounds
- Garden club
- Office Volunteers (Mailings, Newsletters, etc.)
- Care for the elderly
When we attend worship, we give service to the Lord even as we also receive the blessings of forgiveness, life and salvation. In these ways, God serves us too. Worship is service!