As children move into the teen years, our focus is on connecting youth to Jesus and supporting their growth in faith. Friendships and fun are an important part of that. We hope they will grow a deeper understanding of Christian discipleship and service. Zion youth ministry is designed to help youth navigate the new challenges they face and help parents do the same.
Junior High (7th-8th Grades)
- Confirmation Ministry – prepares students to publicly affirm their faith and receive Holy Communion
- Retreats – annual 7th and 8th grade retreats build community during the confirmation years.
- Activities and service projects
High School (9th-12 Grades)
- Sunday Night Small Groups
- Camp Lonestar – annual faith building camp in Texas
- Faith Stepping Stone – celebration marking the end of high school including the “blanket blessing”
- LCMS National Youth Gatherings – summer conference held every 3 years with youth from all over the country.
- Service Projects and Activities
- Music Ministry – high school students are invited and encouraged to participate in choirs, orchestra, bells, praise teams, etc.
Resources for Youth
Home Word: Helping Families Succeed
Focus on the Family
The Parent Cue
Center for Parent/Youth Understanding
Common Sense Media
New? Sign up & receive a free devotion booklet on you first visit!
Complete this form and bring a printed copy with you to the Welcome Desk on your first visit to Zion. We will have a free devotional booklet waiting for you!